Clinical Supply Chain Specialist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world!Job Summary
Amgen Manufacturing and Clinical Supply (MSC) is seeking aClinical Supply Chain Specialistwho will be responsible for independently executing Source-to-Pay, and Supply and Demand Planning processes for an assigned portfolio of Non-Amgen Medicinal Products (NAMP) supporting complex global clinical studies.
- Translate Product Supply Setup and MRP Planned Order requirements into an optimal global supply plan by working closely with Clinical Product Setup Leads, Development Supply Chain Leads, and Global Study Planners.
- Collaborate with Vendors, Partners, and Clinical Supply Chain; leveraging demand forecast, use of SAP and other supply/scenario planning tools to ensure patient supply.
- Involvement in market assessments and gathering of market intelligence to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for each assigned Non-Amgen Medicinal Product based on demand, availability, documentation, expiry, pricing, quality and any other relevant factors.
- Hosting key partner meetings, and negotiation of resolution of resource conflicts where necessary.
- Actively participate in planning meetings to ensure that project needs, priorities, and timing are understood.
- Serve as the primary interface with Collaboration Partners, Vendors, Clinical Supply Chain, Warehouse, Quality, Strategic Sourcing, Business Development and Finance as related to Non-Amgen Medicinal Products.
- Resolve Sourcing and Delivery conflicts impacting studies and R&D milestones ensuring that supplies are not on the critical path. Resolve invoice issues.
- Coordinate with others in Clinical Supply Chain and/or Contract Manufacturers on labeling, packaging, and shipment of drug products.
- Promptly identify and raise risks to study timelines or clinical supplies, from a supply chain perspective, to all key partners and internal management
- Budget forecasting with Finance and Clinical Supply Chain team periodically.
- Ownership of controlled documents in the Document Management System including SOPs and Product Specifications.
- Review and update existing procedures and SOPs; identify the need for and assist in the establishment of new procedures and SOPs.
- Review and update Supply and Quality agreements with Collaboration Partners and Vendors
- Partner with Global Strategic Sourcing on Vendor Relationship Management and Metrics.
- Achieve goals in scrap avoidance, savings, invoicing compliance, on-time delivery.
- Review contracts, legal and quality documents.
- Lead regional sourcing and related risk management activities.
- ERP System tasks such as:SKU Creation, Master Data updates, Purchase Orders Creation, Open Orders Reports.
- Subject Matter Expert and Involvement in projects related to Non-Amgen Medicinal Products.
- Participate in critical initiatives within cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Training of new employees.
- Develops effective relationships with strategic suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders consistent with Amgen values.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The vital attribute professional we seek woll have these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of experience in Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning/Accounting/Finance
Bachelors degree and 4 years of experience in Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning/Accounting/Finance
Associate degree and 8 years of experience in Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning/Accounting/Finance
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of experience in Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning/Accounting/FinancePreferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in procurement of Comparator Products and/or GMP Materials.
- Proficiency with ERP Systems such as SAP or Oracle.
- Supply and Demand Planning experience for Clinical Trial Materials.
- Strong teamwork and influencing capabilities.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical skills and basic knowledge of Cost Accounting and Budget forecasting.
- Strong procurement skills (e.g. negotiation, contracts, vendor management).
- Experience in Cold-Chain, Transportation, including Import/Export of products.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from senior management.
- APICS, ISM or Lean/Six Sigma certification.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.com#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.