Software Engineer II, Lab Metadata Lead
What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
- Be a part of a fast-growing team, building scalable infrastructure to support a groundbreaking platform driving a new approach to drug discovery.
- Work side by side in a cross functional team of computational and wet lab scientists to design data management and automation software that integrates our lab data systems with our Machine Learning platform.
- Ensure a higher quality and rigorous approach to developing and maintaining scripts, servers, and other software tools, mostly written in Python.
- Lead optimized approaches for wet-lab scientists to maintain high-quality lab metadata by streamlining and improving their existing workflows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and document project requirements with computational and wet lab scientists for generating high quality, proprietary experimental data.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain production-quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests.
- Lead strategic metadata initiatives while ensuring robust communication, commitment to deadlines, and innovative approaches to streamline experimentation.
- Coordinate and manage metadata implementation configuring external systems such as ELN and LIMS environment.
- 4+ years’ experience developing software in industry, or in academia with strong code quality standards.
- MS or Ph.D in Comp. Sci, Engineering, or Mathematical discipline preferred.
- Experience with lab data management workflows and best practices, including familiarity with ELN and LIMS systems.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal software and data science teams, external IT contractors and members of other functional teams such biology and chemistry.
- Commitment to building an inclusive team culture that supports and values contributions from all members, regardless of race, gender, background, etc.
- Curiosity to learn about new areas of science and biotechnology.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.