Data Science Manager - Drug Discovery
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we’ve built a data science department with domain expertise in computer science, physics, biology, mathematics, applied statistics, and more. Collectively, we work side-by-side with team members from across the company to develop the tools and methods to turn our experimental data into treatments to affect the lives of countless individuals. Specifically, the team you’ll join develops systems, processes, and analytical methods that are central to Recursion’s core data-generation platform.
The Impact You’ll Make:
- Mentor and grow a team of data scientists. You’ll provide both technical leadership and professional coaching for the betterment of the team and the individuals therein.
- Build on existing efforts to establish a positive, growth-oriented, and productive team culture & environment that enables individual growth and facilitates team progress.
- Create—with other Data Scientists, Biologists, Chemists, Engineers, and Automation Engineers—scalable solutions that accelerate and improve our data-generation and drug-discovery pipelines.
The Experience You’ll Need:
- Management and Leadership
- 4+ years of experience on a Data Science team, 1+ in a direct management role.
- Passion for people management and experience developing teams.
- Experience managing complete employee lifecycles, e.g. hiring, onboarding, individual development, performance reviews, and exits.
- Experience scoping and resourcing projects for teams.
- Experience balancing timelines, and managing collaborator expectations.
- Experience in Drug Discovery, Computational Biology, or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Proficiency in Python and the accompanying data science toolkit.
- Technical expertise in data science and machine learning.
- History of proposing and implementing technical solutions and products.
Nice to have:
- Material you can share highlighting your excellence in the above competencies (publications, patents, code repositories, whitepapers, launched products, etc.).
- To be considered for Senior Manager: 3+ years in a direct management role and experience managing multiple teams.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.