Senior Scientific/ Medical Director, Migraine Lead-Medical Affairs
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization provides patients, healthcare providers and payers everywhere with the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to use AbbVie products safely and effectively, throughout the product lifecycle and the patient’s journey.
Provide scientific and technical support for therapeutic assigned products; deliver scientific presentations; develops and maintains professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders; actively participate in relevant Brand Teams and helps develop medical affairs strategies for assigned products; develop innovative research concepts for clinical data generation; provide relevant scientific and technical training.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional and procedures
- In cooperation with affiliate medical departments, Marketing, RA, Clinical and other functional areas, provides leadership, oversight and support for assigned products/projects
- Establishes and approves scientific methods for hypotheses, rational, design of affiliate protocols and their reports.
- Initiates medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy
- Provide scientific/medical education to investigators, clinical monitors, and Global Project Team members related to therapeutic area or disease specific information.
- Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a Oncology therapeutic area resource.
- Responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and accountable for complying with those requirements
- Serves as the scientific team interface for key regulatory discussions
- May act as medical/scientific leader for projects within an area or across several area
- May represent the medical function to the GPT for medical affairs 'activities
- Assist in the development of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia.
- Assist with the scientific review, development, execution and communication of affiliate/area/global medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- May lead cross functional sub teams responsible for discrete projects within the therapeutic area (individual publications or study collaborations)
Initiate research projects and drive them to completion, resulting in high quality publications
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs' scientific activities
- Advanced education (e.g., PhD, PharmD, PA, NP) Residency or/+ post doc highly preferred.
- 5+ yrs. experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area.
- Management and leadership experience at project level, experience with strategic initiatives/issues
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy
- Ability to run a clinical study or medical affairs team independently
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.