Associate Director, Global Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As Associate Director Global Analytics, you will provide leadership to bring together our commercial data assets and our people in a new way of working model with cascading the governance and standards needed to enable a single source of truth that brings our organization's data to action.
This role will report into the Global Director, Winning with Data (WWD) capability lead, and will work closely with Global IT and Customer Excellence colleagues within a program matrix to ensure the global business model is implemented across countries. The use case outcomes will ensure standard products that address our core business model needs.
The individual will be leading the implementation of Analytics in Affiliates, through the four step data management process to delivers business value to the affiliate, coordinating a multifunctional team both from Global and Local.
This is a high-profile role, with direct line of sight into the Global Marketing and Commercial Organization, working directly with global and affiliate leadership teams, business owners and executives.
- Lead the activation and deployment of cloud based, data management & advanced analytics capabilities by being the Business Translator and Subject Matter Expert to understand Global and Affiliate business requirements and translating them to Use Cases
- Work with the Business Technology Services (BTS) organization and third parties as strategic partners to roll out Analytics program for international Affiliate Enablement, and help them to become self-sufficient in transforming to higher levels of data use, maturity and analytics sophistication during Sustainability
- Support the creation of a best in class Commercial Acceleration organization to become the most admired and respected leader in pharmaceutical industry while cultivating an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity
- Manage & collaborate with cross-functional “job families” of data stewards, data engineers, data modelers, data analysts, data scientists and data visualization experts and data scientists to implement affiliate use cases
- Provide leadership in delivery and engagement with affiliates on business, governance and process issues, guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value through Use Case ideation workshops, platform and technology evangelization, and provide guidance on achieving long term sustainability
- Work closely with Center of Excellence SMEs to drive Standardization and curate best practices, leverage a community of experts and library of use cases
- Undergraduate degree in business, science, engineering or related discipline required. Preferred advanced degree in a technical field
- Understanding of cloud based data management and data lake platforms like Palantir, Data Bricks, Looker, IBM Watson and data analytics and data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Alteryx, etc.
- Analytics mindset
- Consultative and Facilitator mind set with strong persuasive communication and presentation skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.