Technology Architect I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies. Acts as the principal designer and architect for Mobile, Web and Cloud based solutions and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-range system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient programming solution. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions
- Assess near-term needs to establish business priorities, consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Ally with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keep the IT group's technology and service managers aware of user issues and potential potholes or conflicts.
- Develop, motivate, and provide direction to technical team in a way that facilitates the creation of a team environment and enables team to fulfill the department's operation objectives.
- Create and maintain technical artifacts like architecture roadmaps, technology architecture blueprints and design specifications. To take part in aligning the vision and technology roadmap for mobile solutions
- Evaluate new mobile coding approaches, new platform/OS updates, and innovative proof-of-concepts to inform and develop a mobile product roadmap.
- Enforce standards, frameworks, and architecture principles and governance to keep the overall architecture evolving toward the target state.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a solution architecture or related role
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform, both technical and functional capabilities
- Extensive experience working as an application developer, application lead and application architect
- Understanding of the SFDC Security Model
- Experience with AWS or Azure preferred
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android application development
- Experienced with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services
- Experience in mobile application development is a plus
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.