Asscociate Account Executive - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manages the day-to-day details of Clients' projects, from initiation to completion on time and within budget.
- Keeps Supervisor advised of up-to-date details of projects.
- Understands the intricacies of all jobs in order to communicate effectively with all Agency personnel to ensure assigned projects are correctly executed on time and within budget.
- Assures that all Agency paperwork, estimates, billing, and timelines are correctly completed and filed.
- Manages delegated projects from start to finish with minimal Account Executive supervision.
- Prepares projects for submission to Client and Medical/Regulatory with regard to references and other supporting documentation. Coordinates with Client and Medical/Regulatory regarding cycling and approval of projects. Reviews Client and Medical/Regulatory changes with Account Executive to determine action.
- Interfaces with Client regarding deliveries, scheduling, project estimates and other miscellaneous issues.
- Assists Account Group in providing input for Creative Team and participates in creative development sessions.
Handles projects and monitors expenditures for assigned Clients’ products.
- Develops timely and accurate project estimates with input from Traffic, Creative and Production Departments.
- Supplies Clients with accurate, timely reports (Tactical Calendars) of budgeted versus actual expenditures.
- Provides budget guidelines to Creative and Production Teams on assigned projects.
Assists the Account Group in the development of annual communications which support approved marketing strategies.
- Actively participates in sessions with Clients, with questions and suggestions.
- On behalf of the Account Executives and Account Supervisors, investigates innovative media and sales promotional opportunities.
- Conducts secondary research to support planning efforts.
Responsible for the initiation and maintenance of all documentation required for effective account management:
- Gathers all pertinent information and develops complete and accurate project requisitions.
- Creates, updates and distributes Client Status Reports on a regular basis in accordance with Client needs.
- Writes and distributes detailed conference reports for Client meetings on a timely basis.
- Creates other documents in accordance with Client needs.
Education and Experience
- Experience equivalent to a 4-year college education, with an emphasis in advertising, journalism and/or business administration preferred. Related work experience could serve as a modifier of preferred degree major.
- Knowledge of advertising agency disciplines including creative, production, personnel management, and project management with 2 years classic-full-service health care agency experience required. Experience in client-side marketing, marketing research or sales is desirable. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills must be demonstrated.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of both marketing and advertising is required.
- Excellent management, supervisory, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong systems organizational abilities.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.