AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The position will work within the accounting team to manage and assist with the month end close process functions, primarily focused on chargebacks and revenue. This function also requires critical thinking and the ability to leverage off past experiences to complete ad-hoc projects which arise. Candidates should have excellent analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills and exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment is critical.
- Manage chargeback validation process from end-to end, partner with Market Access and RxCrossroads to address any discrepancies to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the credit issued to customers.
- Collaborate with other teams to facilitate OTC/return process
- Apply analytic skills to calculating actual payer mix from rebate claims and charge backs to provide solid trend analysis for accrual and forecasting purposes
- Support the revenue and rebate calculations through data management and determining payer classifications – this is part of a complex calculation that is highly scrutinized by the business.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, including journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations and work with other team members to resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide support for Internal Control testing for external and internal audit
- Manage customer payments and highlight any inconsistencies.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 3+ years accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics/other major ERP systems
- Strong Excel proficiency required
- Attention to details, multi-tasking ability, and highly organized
- Efficient, hands-on and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Should be able to work under pressure and fast pace
- Provides support to financial management and staff.
- Market Access
- BPO and FSS
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.