Operations Supervisor/Senior Supervisor
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented Operations professional who is enthusiastic about supervising both the practical and creative operational elements of our site and facilities. Our South San Francisco site operations are growing rapidly, and we are in need of an Operations Supervisor/Senior Supervisor to hit the ground running. They will supervise programs, strengthen vendor relationships, and help to bridge the gap between Operations and Facilities through the management of the site and building.
- The Operations Supervisor reports to and will be responsible for assisting the Manager in all operational areas of the facility
- The Supervisor will assist in design, planning and construction activities aligned to our location
- Demonstrate baseline Facility planning, organizing, directing and facilitating skills along with baseline knowledge of routine work applications, employment, regulations, policies and procedures necessary to perform assigned managerial/supervisory tasks
- Collaborates to manage the maintenance of equipment, machinery, concurrent with scheduling and ticketing requests through the use of a third-party vendor
- Helps the planning, budgets and scheduling of site modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion
- Will have some responsibility for establishing and overseeing EHS, Employee Health and Safety standards
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Follow recommended approach to assigned work to achieve desired results and review completed work of others to verify accuracy and conformance to required procedures and special instructions
- Ensure employees practice respect for the opinions of others and an awareness of the value of diversity, safety, and environmental consciousness in the workplace
- Utilize a communication style that is appropriate for a given situation; practice positive approaches to problem solving for basic issues; evaluate recommended changes/improvements to quality improvement processes, procedures, policies, and plans; supervise assigned staff and coordinate routine activities to ensure successful completion of tasks.
- 5+ years of Operations/Facilities Management experience in a high-growth organization
- Project Management experience required
- Site Supervisory experience required
- Safety Coordinator or knowledge in emergency/safety management concepts and basic procedures
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) experience, including compliance, regulatory, training, reporting, and maintaining respective documentation
- Experience of and knowledge about managing equipment, repair and maintenance in a scientific laboratory setting
- Experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory setting with knowledge of managing external vendors, and familiarity with lab practices such as GMP, GxP, and lab equipment, including, HPLC, etc.
- Ability to work well across multiple projects in a dynamic and fast paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- Proven ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects; be highly organized with analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems and spotting inefficiencies
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life, and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.