Scientist I Cell-based Assay Development, Analytical Department
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The position of Scientist, Cell-Based Assay Development is part of the Analytical Development team and will work on development and optimization of cell-based and potency assays for the lot release and characterization of AAV-based gene therapy drug substance and drug product.
The successful candidate will be experienced in and drive the phase-appropriate method development, optimization and tech transfer of the cell-based assays and in-vitro potency assays. The position requires effective collaboration with internal (R&D, PD, QC, QA, Manufacturing and Facilities) and external parties (CRO, CDMO).
- Independently design and execute experiments based on general guidance and objectives, analyze and interpret data and present results.
- Design, develop and optimize cell-based assays / in-vitro potency assays using various analytical methods and statistical analysis.
- Create and manage critical reagents.
- Perform sample analysis using relevant assays support product development and analytical development.
- Maintains accurate and well-organized laboratory records, including worksheets, lab notebooks, inventories, and databases.
- Author and review study plans, technical reports, and SOPs.
- Effectively presents and communicates research findings to internal and external collaborators, including upper management, regulatory agencies, and at research conferences.
- Identifies and troubleshoots technical issues; communicates issues to direct manager and senior personnel.
- Trains and supervises Research Associates, interns, contractors, students, and other laboratory personnel.
- Work on multiple projects to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Doctorate degree in a relevant area of specialization (biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, virology) plus 0-3 years of industry experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant area of specialization (biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, virology) plus 5+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of specialization (biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, virology) plus 7+ years of industry experience
- Strong background in cell biology, molecular biology, and gene therapy discovery.
- Experience with reporter assays and gene expression measurement, and/or expert knowledge of cellular immunophenotyping methods including flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and other protein function analysis.
- Experience in stable cell line development.
- Experience in ELISA/immunoassay development.
- Experience in primer design, cloning, nucleic acid purification and PCR
- Experience in assay transfer and assay qualification/validation.
- Experience writing SOPs, developmental and technical reports.
- Strong technical skills along with key competencies including attention to detail, meticulous execution of protocol, excellent organizational and interpersonal capabilities.
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis tools and applications (GraphPad Prism, JMP or equivalent).
- Highly motivated, flexible and independent, yet successful in a group setting.
- Personnel characteristics of integrity, teamwork and commitment to excellence to fit with Encoded core values for success.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.