Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
The Supply Chain Operations lead will be responsible for all Supply Chain activities at the Encoded research facility in South San Francisco. Supply Chain activities include (but are not limited to): material sourcing, demand forecasting, supply reconciliation, receipt and shipping of all materials on-site, and coordination of cross-functional scheduling. This position will provide oversight and be responsible for the on-site Supply Chain team (both FTEs and contract employees). The manager must be willing to execute on a day-to-day basis while also providing critical oversight to the on-site supply chain team. This position will work cross-functionally with department leads and lab managers to ensure strategic alignment. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
- Responsible for supply chain operations including warehousing, direct purchasing, and planning at the research facility. Sets priorities that ensure product availability targets are achieved within timeline and budget.
- Independently balance multiple stakeholder groups and internal customers in confidential environments.
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building an understanding of strategic business direction, requirements, and priorities across multiple Business Units (BUs) and teams.
- Works with functional leads to schedule demand over a 12-week horizon. Ensures materials management planning to meet forecasted and changing demand.
- Champions vendor relationships and manages interactions in alignment with the program guidelines.
- Manages inventory reconciliation team including reporting of material substitutions, expiry, and one-time material buys.
- Oversees local materials management system in close partnership with supporting functions (including IT, Finance, and Research Operations).
- Partners closely with the Procurement department to ensure execution of purchase orders and timely delivery of orders.
- Manages all incoming receipt and outgoing shipment bookings for the South San Francisco site including bulk pallet shipments, hazardous shipments, Amazon deliveries, etc.
- Defines and implements supply risk mitigation strategies where required.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and best practices to ensure standardization across the supply chain operation.
- Monitors key metrics related to the health of the Supply Chain organization. Prioritizes and drives supply chain optimization projects to improve business operations and customer service.
- Builds staff capabilities consistent with both short and long-term goals. Provides leadership and motivation necessary to attract, retain, and develop high talent employees for global and site-specific roles.
- Responsible for annual financial planning and budget adherence for global supply chain operations.
- Develops strategies in partnership with the IT team to support global supply chain operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering/Science, Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years’ Supply Chain or Operations Management experience in Gene Therapy, Bio-Tech, or Pharmaceutical environment(s) required
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Finance required
- Process development and/or research support experience
- Prior experience managing a team of 3+ FTEs
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
- Process improvement or project management expertise (PMP, Lean, etc.)
- Inventory Management tools and Project Management tools experience
- Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business
- Experience working in a startup environment to address immediate tactical purchasing needs while building for future-scale
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life, and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.