Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Core Antisense Research
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in San Diego, is located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad. Ionis was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – CORE ANTISENSE RESEARCH
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has passion and is dedicated to furthering the science and drug development to join our Core Antisense Research team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate. Incumbent will participate in studies on the understanding of the mechanisms of how antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) drugs work in cells and in animals, with a long-term goal of improving ASO drugs and developing new technologies related to antisense mediated gene expression regulation.
Under supervision, this position will participate in:
- Mechanistic investigation of factors affecting ASO activity and safety
- Characterization of intracellular trafficking pathways regarding their effects on ASO activity, internalization, subcellular localization and distribution
- Mechanistic study on ASO-mediated regulation of gene expression
- Conducting experiments; data recording and analysis, and presentation; figure and slide preparation for publication and presentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- Work experience: 3+ years related experience. Industry experience preferred. Title will be aligned with experience
- Solid hand-on experience with commonly used techniques in cell and molecular biology, and biochemistry, such as cell culture, transfection, Crispr, stable cell line selection, RNA/DNA/Protein preparation and analysis, cloning, qRT-PCR, subcellular fractionation, ELISA, Western blot, Northern blot, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence staining, confocal microscope imaging, and handling of small animals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to critically interpret experimental results and ability of problem solving
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # IONIS02569
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.