Scientist I – T cell single-cell analysis and TCR discovery
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a diverse work family with a dynamic and earnest culture. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist I who will report to the Senior Scientist and continue advancing PACT Pharma’s cutting-edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your contributions to PACT Pharma’s personalized process rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What You Will Do:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of critical path experiments for the discovery of neoepitope-specific TCRs, to be to be used for the manufacture adoptive cell therapeutics (ACT). These experiments will focus on single-cell RNAseq analysis of patient samples and engineered T-cells, including well-based, microfluidic (e.g., 10X), and other approaches. The candidate should have familiarity or proficiency with programming languages (R and/or Python) for data analysis. The ideal candidate should also have a familiarity with RT-PCR, NGS library preparation, and flow cytometry. The ideal candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment. The position entails both works at the lab bench and computational data analysis.
- PhD in a relevant field or a Master’s degree with 7+ years experience, with a career focus in immunology, immuno-oncology, or related fields
- Proficiency at single-cell based RNAseq technologies (well-based or 10X-based), data analysis using programming languages (R and/or Python), NGS library preparation, PCR, and RT-PCR
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with proficiency in FACS, flow cytometry, and other single-cell technology work
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives
- Experience with fluid handling robots, T-cell biology, and immune-oncology will be a plus
- Familiarity and/or proficiency in CITE-seq and ATAC-seq methodologies will be a plus
- She/he must have excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.