Executive Director/Vice President, Head of Project Management
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by >$3 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside >$10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Cygnal Therapeutics is seeking a highly experienced, motivated Head of Program Management to join an innovative, scientifically driven, and fast paced team focused on developing therapies for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Medical Officer and be a self-starter who thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be a highly credible thought partner with senior stakeholders because this will be a high visibility role, both internally and externally.
- Define our project management approach at Cygnal, with a focus on development programs, but also inclusion of discovery activities.
- Build Cygnal’s Project Management infrastructure and capabilities.
- Operationalize and lead Cygnal Project Management activities, including timelines, Gantt charts, budgets, resourcing, prioritization, risk and issue management, governance, reporting, and decision support.
- Work closely and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Operate at both a strategic and high level with internal and external stakeholders, as well as roll sleeves up and be hands on with deliverables.
- Proactively identify sources of inefficiency and propose novel technologies and collaborations.
- A. or B.S. in a relevant scientific field
- 15+ years Project Management, including timelines, Gantt charts, budgets, resourcing, , prioritization, risk and issue management., governance, reporting, and decision support
- Experience with multiple pre-clinical and clinical programs in parallel
- Proven ability to manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision point
- Track record of strong leadership: Open-minded, curious, candid, trust-oriented leadership style
- Fast learner, flexible and adaptable, internally driven self-starter, self-aware and seeks input/ help when needed, solution focused
- Keen attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and team-focused environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information and strategy in a clear and thorough manner
- Advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field), P.M.D certification a plus.
- Oncology experience is desirable
- Wide experience spanning early and late discovery, early and late development and secondarily commercialization
- Business Development project management or Alliance Management experience is helpful
- People Management experience is a plus
Recruiting and Staffing Agencies:
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to Info@cygnaltx.com.