Senior Associate, R&D Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate, R&D OperationsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world.
Amgens Research and Development (R&D) Business Operations organization addresses complex business challenges with outstanding people, tools, and processes. The team delivers on key initiatives and capabilities to support R&D. We are looking for talent who has capabilities in resource and expense management, which includes and not limited to, accounting of resources and expenses, data analytical skills to provide insights and enable decision making as well as a strong financial and system acumen. We are a team that delivers for our partners!
As a creative problem solver with a get it done approach, responsibilities include:
- Engaging with functions to help plan and manage resources and expenses
- Handling financials for assigned expense collections including tracking and reporting.
- Participating in and contributing to initiatives related to resource and expense management
- Optimizing tools, templates and processes for resource management and expenses
- Administrative tasks such as crafting and maintaining external and internal facing SharePoint sites and intake request tools.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.Basic QualificationsMasters degree
OR Bachelors degree and 2 years of related resource management or financial accounting experience
OR associate degree and 6 years of related resource management or financial accounting experience
OR High school diploma / GED and 8 years of related resource management or financial accounting experiencePreferred Requirements
- Degree in biology, life sciences, health, medical or clinical sciences along with additional education in finance or business.
- Familiarity with research and clinical development in biopharmaceutical industry as well as medical and scientific terminology.
- Finance, resource, and budget management experience including cost analysis and reporting.
- Experience with analytics software (Microsoft Access, Spotfire, Tableau, Smartsheet), document management applications, portfolio planning tools, supply chain and financial systems (Planisware, Veeva, SAP, Ariba).
- Advanced Microsoft Office user (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience working with virtual teams and using collaborative tools and platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly cross matrixed environment
- Strong planning and project management skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple high priority projects and minimal supervision.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.