Senior Data Engineer
Global Commercial Operational IS is looking for a hardworking Senior Data Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. Candidate will work closely with Senior Data Engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS. Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users.
The Senior Data Engineer will collaborate with the Information Systems Director based out of Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.Responsibilities:
- Be a key team member assisting in design and development of the data pipeline for Global Data and Analytics team
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business need across geographic regions
- Serve as system admin to manage AWS and Databricks platform
- Able to do hands on work, and mentor junior data engineer
- Adhere to standard methodologies for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to improve ETL platform performance
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, performance tuning for relational database, NoSQL datastore, and columnar database
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Experience with software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven etc.), automated unit testing, and Dev Ops
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- Full stack development using cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with web development, java script, html, CSS, any web framework or microservice architecture
- Experience working agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Biotech / Pharma experience
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.