Manager: Scientist III, Cell Therapy
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an innovative scientist to support the development of our gene-edited cellular therapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of a next-generation CAR-Treg therapy. This is a highly-collaborative, hands-on position that requires creativity, organization, leadership, attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting and fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work and publish at the cutting edge of genome editing and cell-based therapy research.
- Utilize immunological experience for the development of a next-generation CAR-Treg therapy.
- Independently design, execute and interpret critical in vitro and in vivo experiments to answer scientific questions. (eg. Treg suppression assays, proliferation, activation and phenotypic characterization using multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis etc…)
- Perform, analyze, and document laboratory procedures with exceptional attention to detail
- Work cross-functionally with other research teams and with other departments to drive programs forward into development
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program
- Present results internally to R&D and executive leadership teams and externally at scientific conferences
- Publish results in leading scientific journals and contribute to related patent filings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cellular Biology or a relevant field along with 3- 5 years experience in post doc or industry
- A strong background in immunology is preferred
- Fresh PhDs will be considered. Level will be determined by experience, skills, and ability
- Experience with human immune cell processing from buffy coats and/or leukopaks
- Experience characterizing the phenotype and function of immune cells using in vitro assays and molecular characterization (eg. Multi-color flow cytometry, activation assays, suppression assays, ELISA, Luminex, reporter assays etc…)
- Understanding of biology supporting adoptive cellular therapy as a therapeutic modality
- Aseptic cell culture expertise is a must
- Experience with CAR-T or CAR-Treg cells is a plus
- Experience with lentiviral, AAV or electroporation of primary cells is a plus
- Experience in molecular biology including cloning, quantitative PCR, and next generation sequencing methods is a plus
- Hands-on experience in genome engineering is a plus
- Experience in drug development from product inception to IND is a plus
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.