Manager, Statistical Programming Operations (Home-Based)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Data and Statistical Sciences (DSS) is the best-in-class organization within its cross-industry peer group and is responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together to generate business value from clinical data. Our operational model is exemplified through execution and innovation.
The Manager of Statistical Programming Operations is a strategic and leadership role which guides and manages a team of in house, cross functional or functional service provider resources. This role is responsible for optimizing and deploying business processes and technology solutions within DSS in support of the AbbVie portfolio. A technical and innovative role that partners with statistical programming, clinical analytics, data standards, statistical sciences, data sciences and information technology experts to implement next generation clinical data analysis ecosystem.
- Leads the design, deployment and maintenance of various cross-functional solutions, business processes, and associated technologies.
- Manages cross functional teams and delivers optimization of end-to-end business processes that enable quality and efficiency.
- Drives change management by conceiving and operationalizing innovation and facilitating adoption across teams.
- Engages with multi-disciplinary experts to influence, elicit, analyze and document business requirements and translate into technology functional requirements.
- Leverages project management tools and software development methodologies to manage resources, mitigate risk and deliver on commitments.
- Evaluates and recommends: upcoming industry trends, best practices, cutting-edge tools and novel programming approaches that leverage machine learning, simulation, robotic automation, metadata driven processes, artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
- Participates in recruitment, selection and mentoring of new staff.
This position can be based on site in Madison, NJ or home-based in the United States.
- M.S. in computer science, data science, engineering, statistics or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience. B.S. in computer science, data science, engineering, statistics or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience leading teams. Matrix Management and Project Management skills desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex analytical and technical concepts with clarity, both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively represent Statistical Programming Operations in cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills with a good understanding of clinical research, statistical programming and CDISC standards.
- Intermediate-level proficiency in SAS, R, python, shell scripting or other programming languages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques.
- Programming certifications and proficiency in multiple programming languages desirable.
- Familiarity with various programming paradigms and IT system architectures desirable.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.