Process Control Engineer III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Process Control Engineer III is responsible of support all ABL Manufacturing Process Control and Utility systems for all installed software and hardware components. It includes configuration control, change management, enforce system security policies and procedures; perform hardware troubleshooting and maintenance as per applicable departmental procedures. Will also be responsible for project management and the software maintenance of the Automatic Process Controller (APC) on ABL.
- Provide first line support to all ABL Manufacturing Process Control and Utility systems for all installed software and hardware components. It includes configuration control, change management, enforces system security policies and procedures; perform hardware troubleshooting and maintenance as per applicable departmental procedures.
- Responsible for the software maintenance and validation of the Automatic Process Controller (APC) on ABL consistent with the software development life cycle model. This embrace evaluating user needs, analyzing alternatives, presenting proposed solutions utilizing ABL's Process Control Systems: (DCS, PLC’s, SCADA, Historian and HMI). During these activities, at times the solution can be in the form of in-house development or implementing a third-party software package.
- Establish project management techniques in monitoring, reporting, and controlling projects according to size and criticality. Incumbent will be responsible for establishing, executing and documenting the project plan according to the project life cycle of a FDA regulatory industry. Assignments will be carried-out with a minimum guidance for medium to major projects.
- Responsible for executing and validating upgrades, backups, migrations, and installation of service packs for PCS applications like DeltaV, IFIX, OSI/PI, Rockwell Automation PLCs, FactoryTalk and Wonderware Archestra/InTouch.
- B.S. Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Chemical)
- 5-8 years on the Process Control & Automation environment
- Must have proven experience with DeltaV control system and PLC Ladder Logic.
- Hands-on experience and programming in control systems is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Platform (PLC-HMI) is a plus.
- Knowledge or programing experience: Factorytalk View, IFix, Wonderware SCADA
- Experience in Bio-Tech, Chemical, or Pharmaceutical industries is required.
- Strong interpersonal people and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills both in English and Spanish.
- Programming skills in one of the following: Visual Basic, C++, HTML, or Windows PowerShell.is a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.