Project Manager, Global Marketing - Gastroenterology, Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The GMCO Gastro Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Global Brand Teams (GBTs) for Skyrizi (CD) and Rinvoq (UC and CD), and Humira; in addition to working closely with the General Manager of Global Gastroenterology on portfolio-level initiatives and leading the organization and planning of brand and portfolio events.
Day-to-day GBT support includes meeting planning, agenda coordination, preparation of minutes and tracking of action items and key projects. The Project Manager will closely collaborate with GBTLs to support the planning, tracking and on-time delivery of key launch deliverables. Additionally, the Gastro Portfolio Project Manager will serve as a key conduit of information between and among the Gastro Marketing teams and GBTs to help drive alignment and cohesion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management support for the Skyrizi CD, Rinvoq UC and Rinvoq CD Global Brand Teams
- Close collaboration with Gastro GM and GBTLs to assist in planning and executing projects
- Monitoring GBT performance with GBTLs: Communicating action due dates, tracking/monitoring progress and performance and providing regular reports on team progress to key Roadmap and LRT Deliverables
- Planning and execution of key internal meetings and events (e.g. Immunology Forum)
- Developing and delivering internal communications in coordination with the marketing team/brand teams (e.g. monthly newsletter to Areas/Affiliates)
- Managing annual GBT calendar, synchronizing efforts with critical events in the annual Global Brand cycle (e.g. LRP, Brand Planning,, etc.)
- Developing and continuously maintaining / keeping updated GBT Teams channels and Sharepoint sites as well as Content Central (Veeva)
- Support the management of the financial budgets for the GBTs, by continuously maintaining and aligning between the different functions (e.g. supporting monthly reconciliations and leadership updates)
- Assisting with EE contracting for advisory boards, 1:1 consulting and speaking engagements
Success in this role requires the ability to:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all cross-functional team members
- Coordinate, manage and expedite a multitude of interrelated project activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities
- Proactively assess and clearly communicate the impact to the overarching portfolio of any GBT-level changes in strategy or direction
- Identify innovative ways to improve team performance and/or ways of working on an ongoing basis
- Develop an understanding of the therapeutic area, the business, and the overarching strategy
- Exhibit a culture of integrity, excellence, initiative and compliance
- Ensure compliance with applicable AbbVie policies and procedures
- Project management and financial acumen
- Exemplary communication skills
- Strong information and analytical skills
- 5 years of Project/Program management experience (launch experience preferred)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.