Senior Research Scientist, Cancer biology
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com
IDEAYA is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and well-organized Senior Research Scientist based at our South Francisco, CA site. This individual will play a key role in understanding the biology of our novel small molecule inhibitors for treatment in patients with cancer. The successful candidate will develop cellular assays for small-molecule agents and carry out target validation and mechanism of action studies. The ideal candidate will enjoy working within an open, multi-disciplinary team and possess a passion for exploration of biology within the mission of the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutics. The Senior Research Scientist, Biology should preferentially have a PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology (or a related discipline) with experience in cancer biology, DNA damage repair, or related field with demonstrable value-building achievements. The successful candidate will have significant knowledge of tumor biology, oncology drug discovery, and cell biology. Other qualifications will include, but are not limited to:
What you’ll do:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience designing and implementing cell-based assays to profile and investigate mechanism of action of small-molecule agents in an industry setting
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment, crisp, informed decision making, work to ambitious timelines
- Ability to balance execution of tasks required to accomplish goals with creating an environment of scientific curiosity and open exchange of ideas
- Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience analyzing large datasets and proficiency using bioinformatic tools is desirable
- Experience with quantitative microscopy and/or high content screening and/or flow cytometry is a plus
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.