Associate Scientist II/III, Disease Modeling
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. In alignment with this strategy, the disease modeling group is building up a large repertoire of scaleable cellular models for multiple disease indications. As a Research Associate in the Disease Modeling group, you will help to establish robust, high throughput iPSC differentiation techniques to produce critical cell-types to model various diseases. You will be involved with both the incorporation and scale-up of established protocols, as well as the invention of novel differentiation methods using insitro’s data-driven functional genomics approaches. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates who are interested in being part of a unique, cross-disciplinary team of biologists, bioengineers, machine learners and data scientists who want to make a difference.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding yet is very much information providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference to patients!
- M.S. in biological science with preference for stem cell biology expertise, bioengineering or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience; industry experience desirable
- Strong experience with mammalian cell culture required
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation is highly desirable
- Excellent lab practice/organization, collaboration and communication required
- Proven ability to independently design, execute, and analyze complex experiments
- Strong understanding of drug discovery process
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands and changes
Nice to Have
- Both 2D and 3D cell culture and assay experience
- Experience in characterizing mammalian cell cultures via FACS, transcriptomics, or high-content imaging
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Complementary onsite barista and snacks
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.