Our client is seeking to expand our in-house analytical capabilities to help advance quality compounds toward the clinic. The successful candidate will have a strong background in LC-MS antibody/protein characterization or bioanalytical quantitation and a passion for driving high-impact projects in the anti-cancer drug discovery space. He/she will conduct bench-based research focused on sample preparation, LC-MS and HPLC analytical characterization/quantitation for ADC, Antibody, small molecule drug, data analysis and report within a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly interdisciplinary and collaborative team.
- Perform LC-MS characterization of ADC, antibody and small molecule drug to support Chemistry discovery and production including but not limited to: intact mass analysis, deglycosylation and reduction LC-MS, DAR measurement, peptide mapping, PTM profiling, native MS, structural characterization for small molecule drug.
- Identify metabolites of ADC from in vivo or in vitro samples with LC-MS technology
- Utilize LC-MS to perform non-GLP bioanalytical quantitation method development, qualification and sample analysis for antibody, small molecule drug, and corresponding metabolite
- Characterize ADC and antibody using HPLC methodology (SEC, HIC, IEX, RP etc), plus method development
- Instrument operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for Thermo Vanquish UHPLC-Orbitrap MS, Waters Acquity UPLC-SQD MS, and Agilent HPLC
- Prepare samples to be tested by LC-MS and LC-MSMS from various sources, i.e., purified protein products, biological matrix (plasma, serum and tissues, etc)
- Learn and apply bioconjugation to support discovery research as needed
- Present written and oral reports to multidisciplinary team
- Enter all data into electronic laboratory notebooks and database on a daily basis, generate weekly summary reports for management review
- Assist in managing outsourced work from characterization to bioanalysis at CROs
- Identify and integrate technologies that improve or expand the ability to LC-MS and HPLC analysis by working with teammates, collaborators, vendors, and staying abreast of the literature
- Contribute to the build-out and upkeep of an expanding laboratory through maintaining shared equipment, assisting with general laboratory housekeeping, and developing processes for improving workflow efficiency
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ph. D in Chemistry or Biochemistry or a relevant scientific discipline with 1+ year experience (postdoc or industry) for therapeutic protein LC-MS analysis, Master with 3+ year of industry experience
- Essential to possess technical expertise in the LC-MS analysis of proteins, which may range from protein characterization, protein bioanalytical quantitation and proteomics.
- Hands-on experiences are necessary, including sample preparation (deglycosylation, reduction, and in-solution/in-gel digestion), LC-MS operation, basic maintenance and troubleshooting, HPLC (SEC, HIC, IEX, RP etc)
- Skills are plus as follows: extraction and enrichment techniques (Affinity Capture, SPE, Protein Precipitation), CE-SDS, cIEF, DLS, DSC, SDS-PAGE etc;
- Willingness to learn and apply bioconjugation to support discovery research as needed
- A track record of innovation and scientific rigor, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to discussions
- Goal oriented, organized, capable of prioritizing and working on multiple projects, and able to help others
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of chemists, protein engineers, and biologists
- Proficiency with operating common laboratory equipment and maintaining laboratory infrastructure