Director/Sr. Director, In Vivo
BioSpace has been engaged to help our client, a biopharmaceutical company whose lead programs are focused on the elimination or modulation of senescent cells in diseased tissues as a means of providing transformative therapeutics for patients with ophthalmological or neurological diseases.
About the role:
- Leadership role - head the In Vivo Pharmacology group, lead the strategy for the group
- Execute in vivo studies, derive data for programs in ophthalmology and neurology
- Design PK/PD/efficacy studies in preclinical models, including molecule and biochemical endpoints
- Mentor and lead the scientists and RAs within the group
- Track record in drug discovery, specifically including the characterization of disease-relevant pathways and pharmacological activity of novel molecules in preclinical disease models
- experience ranging from target identification/validation, lead optimization, translational pharmacology, to IND submission
- Experience/expertise in the ophthalmology or neurology research fields is a plus.
- Ph.D. with 10 years of post-graduate work, minimum 6 years of industry experience
- Degree in Pharmacology, Physiology, Cancer Biology, Developmental Biology, or a related field is essential.
- In-depth expertise with validation and execution of in vivo disease models with a preference for experience with in vivo models of ocular or neurological disease.
- Evidence of independent scientific ability and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
- Experience with quantitative PCR and protein-based methods in tissue samples as well as immunohistochemistry.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Track record of managing, developing, and mentoring scientists and research associates.
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/statistics capabilities.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of research staff and supporting personal/ professional development of team members.
- Experience writing IND reports to support regulatory filings preferred.