Director Ethics and Compliance
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the enterprise in all aspects of Government Contractor Compliance, collaborating closely with the functional and business leaders of the company. The person will lead the enterprise-wise Government Contracts Compliance Council, a cross-functional team of senior leaders in Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, IA, among others. This is a high-profile position, and the candidate needs to have strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as depth of knowledge and experience in implementing compliance measures and programs for government contractors. This position is in the Ethics & Compliance Office and will contribute to other projects as assigned.
Government Contracts Compliance Leadership:
• Lead the enterprise-wide Government Contracts Compliance Council.
• Collaborate with the various government contrasts subject matter experts and stakeholders, such the Grants and Contracts Group and Government Contracts Cost Accounting Group, to build a cross-functional government contracts center of excellence.
• Conduct regular assessments of the strength of Emergent’s government contract capabilities and programs in key areas and identify opportunities for improvement; develop and execute a plan to accomplish the improvements including the creation of policies, procedures, training, controls and monitoring as needed.
• Partner with the government contracts subject matter experts and stakeholders to incorporate industry best practices as applicable into the company’s programs, processes, internal controls and policies.
• Monitor regulatory change to contracting requirements as set forth in the FAR, DFARS, and HHS regulations and provide updates to the Government Contracts Compliance Council, functions and business operations, and leaders.
• Develop a comprehensive multi-year risk-based government contracts compliance training curriculum targeted to particular risks in employee functions.
• Develop targeted and enterprise-wide periodic employee communications to reinforce key messages for all government contracts.
Ethics and Compliance:
• Draft content and participate in the review of annual updates to the Code of Conduct to ensure required contracting compliance provisions are represented. Draft content as needed.
• Participate in the review of annual Ethics Awareness training and provide input on content as the subject matter expert on government contracts.
• Support the Investigations program as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• B.A. or B.S. from an accredited college or university required
• A J.D. is strongly desired
• 10+ years of experience in a compliance function, and in developing and implementing policies, procedures, training and audit programs.
• Experience in government contracting compliance is required.
Other skills required are strong collaboration, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.