HR Site Lead - New U.S. Manufacturing Site
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.HR Site Lead - New U.S. Manufacturing Site
Note On Location: The final location of this role is yet to be determined candidates must be open to relocating within Continental US
Does the thought of building an entirely new site, from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient. every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Be part of Amgen's newest and most advanced drug substance manufacturing plant. When completed, the Amgen FleXbatch facility will combine the latest in disposable technologies with traditional stainless-steel equipment to allow for maximum flexibility in operations. The FleXbatch facility will not only feature the best in-class drug substance manufacturing technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen's plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be an important member of the new site leadership team. In this role, you will report to the Executive Director of HR, Manufacturing with a dotted line to the Site Vice President (VP). You will help create and implement the sites overall talent strategy. This includes the workforce plan, talent acquisition strategies, employee value proposition, and corporate talent programs. You will create and implement a strategy to drive Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DI&B). Additionally, you will serve as the trusted advisor and coach to the site leadership team in areas of HR strategy, culture, leadership, talent management, rewards, and change management. You will build Amgens talent base at the new site and then develop and implement innovative strategies to foster engagement and a strong culture amid dynamic growth.
At Amgen we are committed to being science-based and follow a continuous learning approach to advancing science, driving discovery and igniting innovation that works to help reduce disease. It is in this context that we endorse an inclusive and diverse workforce that helps fuel scientific innovation and problem solving, leading to better scientific solutions that benefit both patients and society.Responsibilities include:
- Help build the site leadership team, and partner with them to define a site vision that drives innovation, growth and employee engagement.
- In collaboration with Amgens Talent Acquisition center of excellence (COE) create and drive appropriate talent acquisition strategies to quickly and effectively staff the new site
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with the local universities, trade schools, and government entities focused on workforce development initiatives
- With the leadership team, help establish and advance Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) priorities and programs, including setting up site Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Participate as an active member of the site senior leadership team; providing coaching and thought partnership in both overall site strategy and the day to day operations
- Develop and drive initiatives and programs that meet local needs while remaining aligned with global strategies
- Oversee implementation of HR processes (onboarding, performance evaluation, compensation planning, career development, talent management) as well as provide ongoing coaching and training to people managers at the site
- Partner with HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to develop and implement changes, working to anticipate, coordinate, and plan programs at the site ensuring HR initiatives add value to Amgens business goals
- Represents Amgen at key local external activities across industry and academic affiliations, focusing on attracting top talent to the site and enhancing our reputation in this new market
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The human resources professional we seek has these qualificationsBasic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Human Resources experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Human Resources experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years Human Resources experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Human Resources experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources for a large global or multinational organization
- Strategic HR business partner experience or other client-facing experience
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft innovative strategies and deliver pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of how to use data to inform decisions
- Ability to balance a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing demands
- Self-directed, passionate about the work, and willing to take informed risk
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.