Program Manager, R&D Transformation & Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
At Amgen, we are committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and inclusion is the norm. This is central to our ability to thrive, and is critical to operate as a team, to best serve our patients and to reduce inequities globally. We approach this ongoing, important work by drawing inspiration from science, where continuous learning builds knowledge over time to drive discovery and innovation and ultimately create profound change.
We are seeking a Business Performance / Program Manager on the R&D Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Team (DI&B) to enable the implementation of the R&D organizations multi-year strategic DI&B efforts by applying project management methodology and expertise across a variety of key initiatives, workstreams and teams with accountability for advancing internal DI&B transformation efforts.
The Manager will be a liaison (internal consultant) and program manager across R&D DI&B workstreams. He/she/they will gather, analyze, and synthesize cross-functional information from numerous sources to turn unstructured business issues and requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and measurable results. He/she/they will also develop reports and presentations that clearly summarize status, issues, implications and recommendations to key partners to enable high-quality decision making.
This role will report to the Director, DI&B (R&D) who leads all aspects of the global R&D DI&B strategy and implementation of core principles in our business practices, policies and process at Amgen.What does your day-to-day look like?
- Partner with R&D functional leads and other organizations to support talent and culture related efforts, prioritized staffing/organizational initiatives, and other ways of working initiatives
- Collaborate with functional leaders, initiative/workstream leadership, cross-functional teams, and external vendors to drive development and delivery of talent, culture, and ways of working-related efforts to cultivate awareness, engagement and action in building a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment
- Independently manage projects, timelines and team resources; operationally support R&D DI&B team according to Amgens change methodology; mitigate risks, remove roadblocks, raise issues and problem-solve
- Serve as an integrator across multiple DI&B, R&D, HR, Corporate Affairs and other functions and transformation efforts; build and maintain positive relationships with partners
- Provide support using Amgen Transformation methodologies appropriate for the objective, including Agile, Change Management, Solution Development, Implementation and Sustainment, Workshop Facilitation, and Continuous Improvement
- Adapt to a regularly evolving, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Act as a diversity champion providing insight into DI&B practices
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Human Resources and/or Business experienceOR
Masters degree and 4 years of Human Resources and/or Business experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Human Resources and/or Business experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting, cross-functional business operations, HR or project management role
- Strong project and organizational change capabilities
- Experience implementing diversity and inclusion programs within an organization
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, including executive presentation skills, combined with organizational and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Actively participate in running the evolution and defining the role of the project/initiatives
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and influence decision-making
- Strong desire for developing a culture of inclusivity and belonging at Amgen
- Experience working with project management software (ex: MS Project, MS Planner, Asana, Trello, SmartSheet, etc.)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.