Sr Data Architect
We are seeking a Specialist IS Architect to join our team to develop a data & analytics capability focused on integrated product surveillance. As part of this role you will be accountable for the advancement of Amgens integrated product surveillance analytics architecture as part of a product team of data scientists, business analysts, and software engineers. The team will rely on your expertise in leading solution architecture to design & build this visionary capability for generating insights to product complaints & adverse events for Amgen.
- Collaborate with business partners and product teams to convert functional requirements and business outcomes into scalable, efficient and supportable technology solutions, with an emphasis on cloud infrastructure, connected cloud applications and data fabric/data lake architectures.
- Provide detailed technical specifications and guidance to engineers, developers and other product team members.
- Design business solutions using Amgens City Planning technology ecosystem, including AWS, Azure, Mulesoft, Kafka, Databricks, Jenkins, and Kubernetes, among others.
- Create roadmaps for product teams for continual technology enhancements and retirement of technical debt.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support for complex production incidents, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with senior leadership and peers, including strong writing skills to draft and publish technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications, business cases, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in web application development frameworks and related and new technologies to provide, recommend, and deliver standard methodology solutions
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for junior staff
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 3 - 5 years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating cloud services for multi-national companies using native constructs and controls from AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- 2+ years of experience working with software systems validation, SOX, Information Privacy, FDA cGxP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Ability to develop clear and detailed business requirements and design specifications that can be understood by other delivery teams and business partners
- Ability to translate business requirements into design options that are cost effective, efficient, re-usable that comply with defined architectural principles and standards and that enhance the business process
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment.
- High learning agility, problem solving, creative and analytical thinking.
- Self-starter who can operate effectively in a complex and dynamic working environment, maintain focus on the big picture, and collect, digest and assemble information from various sources to architect technical solutions that delight our internal and external customers.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.