Contracts and Pricing Manager
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Contracts & Pricing Manager is an integral member of the Global Contracts and Pricing Operations (Global CPO) team within Global Value & Access. Global CPO delivers operational excellence by enabling product shipments and customer payments at negotiated contract terms, across over 100 ex-US countries and 2 operating regions. This Manager role is based at Amgens worldwide headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA, reporting to the Director of Global CPO. The team operates in a fast-paced and geographically diverse environment. This role will include significant interactions with the business team in Breda, The Netherlands, and the Global ERP team in Tampa, FL.
The Contracts & Pricing Manager will primarily focus on operational pricing and contracting matters across the entire Amgen portfolio, with a specific focus on Canada and the Latin American countries, including a leadership role on the global product team prioritizing and implementing system improvements and enhancements affecting all ex-US operating regions. This role includes direct supervision responsibilities.
Position can be located in Thousand Oaks, CA OR Breda, Netherlands
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Optimize process effectiveness by identifying and leading improvement initiatives for affiliates and regions
- Operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced environment with the ability to take initiative, resolve complex contract and pricing issues, demonstrate autonomy and exercise appropriate business judgment
- Collaborate and confidently communicate with leadership and cross-functional segment team members including, Regional Pricing Leads, Price Management and Analytics, Supply Chain, Finance and Enterprise Platforms
- Coordinate efforts with Enterprise Platforms to define business requirements, resolve system defects and implement enhancements to ensure operational compliance and process efficiencies
- Build effective relationships with key cross-functional, cross-Regional and Global stakeholders; escalate issues as necessary and resolve them with minimal direction
- Ensure continued compliance with all SOX requirements
- Solve new problems that arise, determine viable options and leverage appropriate key functional areas
- Facilitate and communicate best practices amongst CPO team and across regions; serve as business lead/project manager for process improvements incl. system related initiatives
- Provide guidance and direction to CPO analysts (in country and central support)
- Doctorate degree
- Masters degree and 2 years of Contracts and Pricing, Sales Operations, Finance, Project Management and/or Business Operations experience
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Contracts and Pricing, Sales Operations, Finance, Project Management and/or Business Operations experience
- Associates degree and 10 years of Contracts and Pricing, Sales Operations, Finance, Project Management and/or Business Operations experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Contracts and Pricing, Sales Operations, Finance, Project Management and/or Business Operations experience
- Fluency in Spanish (in addition to English)
- Pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Experience working with/in affiliates, in international/global matrix environments
- Deep functional experience in pricing and global contracts and pricing and Enterprise system platforms
- Demonstrated project management and project leadership
- Strong to excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and supervisory experience
- Tolerance of ambiguous situations and ability to independently solve complex problems
- Ability to lead and influence a meeting or project outcome with cross-functional attendees
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience representing teams in complex matrix organizations with cross-functional, cross-geographic stakeholders
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.