Senior Manager Information Systems
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager Information Systems
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be the IS leader for key capabilities related to Clinical Trial Management. The selected candidate work with Global Development Operations (GDO) business organization and will have accountability for subset of information and technology capabilities supporting them. This leader will have direct reporting responsibility for the multidisciplinary IS team providing end to end information and technology capability.
GDO is a critical business area with high impact on the design, startup and execution of Amgen Clinical Trials. Technology plays a vital role in support of this business area. Through the strategic use of technology and information, this position will help create competitive advantages for Amgen with industry leading cycle times. The Senior Manager will be accountable for developing strategy for the transformation and lifecycle management of the application portfolio.
- Own and deliver innovative technology capabilities for key clinical trial management solutions
- Advance the IS strategy for Global Development Operations (GDO) with product and technology capabilities
- Interact with business clients, IS management, and suppliers to lay out a technology roadmap, build business cases, run projects to achieve the roadmap, and provide vendor oversight
- Accountable along with Amgen Service Providers to ensure business continuity of critical applications
- Provide leadership in defining technical and process improvements with many business groups, IS, and vendors to plan and implement City planning for the future
- Lead key client relationships that are essential for the capability that this role will support
- Work directly with business partners to analyze current processes and capabilities to see opportunities for improvements
- Partner with business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements and solutions
- Handle vendor, service costs, requirements elicitation, and documentation, market/vendor analysis, identification and management of risks
- Hire, mentor, develop, lead, and deploy information systems professionals to create innovative and effective information solutions
- Relentlessly focus on talent development of the next generation of professionals including mentoring engineers, business analysts, scrum masters etc
- Work closely with architects and technical SMEs and enabling user adoption.
- Understand current best practices and emerging technologies in software applications (mobile, SaaS) security, validated/ cGMP compliant systems, infrastructure, cloud, data, advanced analytics, simulation & modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Shaping Amgen's future Keep track of industry and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry.
- Effectively manage relationships with business partners, enterprise IS service partners, and vendors
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 25% might be essential
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The technical leader we seek is a collaborative professional with a passion for innovation and has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in biotechnology or other healthcare environments
- Knowledge of the Clinical Trials domain and business functions processes, tools, data standards, artifacts and systems
- Experience in supporting regulated/validated systems and understanding of 21CFR Part 11 requirements)
- Experience developing a multiyear technology roadmap
- Ability to build compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Solid grasp of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question partners across functions
- Sharp learning agility, problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Build a multi-functional alliance to advance technical innovation to deliver business value
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Analytical skills and techniques to evaluate, interpret and resolve sophisticated situations/problems using multiple sources of information
- Experience with all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and use of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Proven ability to work and lead in a dynamic environment with little supervision
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.