Senior Maintenance Technician - Night Shift Electrical/Utilities
The Rhode Island site is a multi-product, flexible manufacturing site. Were looking for highly motivated individuals that aspire to be future leaders as we continue this journey and expand our site operations.
Reporting to C-Shift F&E Utilities Manager, the Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing electrical and utilities systems operation and maintenance activities throughout the ARI site.
The position is on a rotating 12 hour night shift (7pm to 7am, day of week varies per shift schedule).
Specific duties include:
- Operate and maintain electrical power generation and distribution systems
- Operate and maintain backup power / emergency power generation systems and Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Perform troubleshooting and repair, and installation of electrical equipment and systems
- Support operation and maintenance of Building Fire Alarm systems including operating the system, disabling points and performing troubleshooting activities
- Operate a variety of general and pharmaceutical grade utility systems (Boilers, chillers, compressed air, purified water systems, waste system and gases)
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance and repair activities on complex equipment and systems used across the ARI site
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems
- Identify equipment performance opportunities and recommends improvements to the maintenance program owners
- Ensure work activities are completed correctly. Maximize right-the-first-time execution
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely
- Identify waste, work flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner and with quality
- Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMPs
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely
- Lead by example and create a positive, respectful, professional and consistent work environment at all times
- Provide on time and accurate communication of issues and updates/reports as necessary
- Flexibility to provide support when required - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Other tasks as assigned
Associate's Degree + 4 years of maintenance experience
High School Degree + 6 years of maintenance experience
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.