Senior Manager, Global Scientific Publications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Lead Publications Teams in the execution of publication plans for assigned assets, and oversee the execution of scientific publications (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) that fulfill strategic publication plan and scientific communications objectives for the asset. Ensure Publication Plan is in alignment with the strategic publication plan as developed by the Scientific Communication Platform lead or Medical Affairs plans as applicable. In partnership with the Publications Director ensure resources and personnel are aligned and optimized to meet with needs of their therapeutic area.
- Serve as the leader of cross-functional Publications Team(s) for assigned assets, including leading team meetings/discussions and driving the execution of publication plans, incorporating input from key global stakeholders
- Lead tactical execution of publication plans (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations), meeting established timelines and budgets
- Review all publications in assigned TA to ensure quality and alignment with Scientific Communication Platforms and supporting communications
- Partner with the Scientific Communications Director to ensure seamless transfer of the scientific publications strategic plan and oversee pull-through to publication plan and supporting tactics
- Partner with Publications Director to project and manage outsourcing budget and internal resource needs for assigned/assets
- Provide direction to external vendors to effectively complete the execution of publication projects, within specified timelines, and ensure quality publication deliverables
- Ensure all performance assessment responsibilities are achieved for direct reports. Provide training and feedback, resolve personnel issues, and manage talent retention for assigned staff
- Address and resolve publications-related issues for assigned therapeutic areas and assets.Ensure project information in publication records and resourcing tools is accurate and up-to-date
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required. PhD, PharmD, Master’s Degree preferred. Relevant professional certification/credential (eg, CMPP, AMWA) is a plus.
- 4-5 years of medical/scientific publications (or related) experience required. Pharmaceutical industry or related (eg, medical communication agency) experience required
- Demonstrated abilities in a leadership capacity required
- Ability to understand and interpret medical data require
- Knowledge of product therapeutic area preferred; working knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques required
- Knowledge of clinical/scientific publication structure, content, and quality. Knowledge of scientific publication regulations and best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance. Collaborative teamwork and leadership track record
- Ability to form, maintain, and lead productive cross-functional working teams, including addressing issues that arise
- Microsoft Office and Internet navigation proficiencies essential
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.