Director, Allergan Aesthetics - U.S. Commercial Compliance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Allergan Aesthetics – U.S. Commercial Compliance, partners with the Allergan Aesthetics (AA) US Commercial organization and leadership team to understand business priorities and provide compliance support on strategy, tactics and operations. This position is responsible for evaluation of Commercial programs / activity related to the AA business and helping to design and deliver innovative solutions that support the vision, values and goals of AA while mitigating risk to the company. This individual will serve as a lead compliance resource and business partner and will manage a team of direct reports who will provide day-to-day compliance support to their respective teams.
The position will be responsible for strategic initiatives that help support business needs while ensuring full compliance with the AA compliance program. This person serves as the primary strategic partner to the AA business at all levels and will advise, consult and guide on proposed business strategies and programs focusing on identifying potential compliance issues and analyzing and proposing alternative solutions with business, legal, regulatory, and other functions, as appropriate. He or she will be responsible for providing timely, competent and comprehensive advice and support for questions and concerns regarding the compliance program.
The ideal candidate for the role will have successfully led a business-facing compliance organization and will bring business and organizational savvy to the position and understand how compliance is integral to the company’s overall strategy to effectively serve our customers and deliver high quality products to the marketplace.
Reports To: VP Allergan Aesthetics Compliance
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the AA business and operations, including subject matter expertise on products, strategies and roles within the organization as well as the current compliance environment.
- Provide timely and responsive compliance direction and support for key business operations, functions, strategies and centers of excellence.
- Partner and collaborate with colleagues from sales, marketing, legal, and business operations on strategic priorities and compliance related activities.
- Oversight and strategic direction for the continued evolution of the AA compliance program.
- Member of Aesthetics Leadership Team and lead for AA Compliance Insights Forum.
- Manage a team of compliance professionals with day-to-day responsibility for providing compliance support to the business and operations of AA.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required. Master's/MBA/JD a plus.
- 10-12 years of relevant experience in compliance with a preference for those with direct pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
- Experience in designing, building and implementing a successful compliance program in a pharmaceutical and/or medical device company.
- Thorough knowledge of federal fraud and abuse laws and guidance, including the ACCME guidelines, the Office of Inspector General reports, and the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and an understanding of the roles and authority of government agencies and industry partners including FDA, OIG, PhRMA and AdvaMed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the required elements of compliance programs.
- Senior leadership skills in dealing with the broad range of compliance issues encountered in a pharmaceutical and/or medical device company.
- Ability to recruit and manage a high performing compliance team.
- Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with client organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, including presentation capabilities, negotiation skills and conflict resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.