Associate Director, Field Operations Speaker Programs
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director of Speaker Programs is responsible for overseeing strategy, compliance, and execution of Speaker Program operations across all therapeutic areas to successfully drive high-quality programs while ensuring adherence to company compliance policies and establishing strong governance for AbbVie’s US Speaker Program management. Internally fosters positive working relationships in a team-based environment to manage and improve Speaker Programs and associated technology. Excellent project management capabilities, strong communications skills, robust analytical and conceptual abilities are critical. Self-starter initiative, ability to prioritize while multi-tasking, and team-focused mindset are fundamental to success in this role.
- Optimize strategic support of growing number of branded, DSA, and unbranded speaker programs, both live and virtual, as well as product theaters in support of all US & PR customer groups with associated Speaker Bureaus, managing varying needs of complexity and support across various teams and therapeutic areas.
- Speaker Programs subject matter expert (owner of procedure and associated forms (PD21-00-002), business rules inclusive of roughly 100 embedded controls, training, and functional requirements specifications).
- Support the integration of new therapeutic areas/brands/product and indication launches into speaker program portal (current & future) as needed, including alignment of requirements & systems, process creation, and the establishment of team support capabilities & training.
- Provide support and oversight of system configuration changes & enhanced functionality implemented by logistics vendors or internal BTS within speaker program portal (current & future). Lead user testing with internal and external users when required. Partner with logistics vendors and internal BTS on resolution of technical issues as well as drive process improvements to data integration & harmonization and/or systems integrated with the speaker program portal (current & future) and core field tools.
- Creation of clear, efficient processes that ensure seamless, high quality logistics are delivered for all brands and products. Ensure staff adherence to all SLAs and policies and procedures in accordance with compliance guidelines both pre and post-program. Identification and onboarding of new logistics vendors in partnership with Purchasing.
- Vendor Management: Contracts, expectations and oversight. Lead weekly status call with Speaker Program vendors and assist with all escalations which include but are not limited to: launches, compliance-driven changes, brand-specific initiatives & enhancements, program logistics & support, speaker bureau management, and funding. Oversee on-going project content, prioritization, expectations, and deployment to ensure alignment with It’s About Time principles.
- Identify innovative program solutions and process efficiencies through to implementation through partnership with Marketing & Sales teams in speaker program portal (current & future). Partner with internal BTS to develop and continue to enhance future internal speaker program portal to include all operating requirements, and establishment of metrics and reporting needs to stay compliant.
- Assist with the preparation of Speaker Program metrics/reporting & provide insights through subject matter expertise to Compliance, Marketing & Sales on ad-hoc basis.
- Supervise and execute upon shared requirements related to managing operationally sound, compliant strategies, and continually communicating with associated partners in Marketing/Sales, Legal, Commercial Compliance, FCT, CCG, OEC, BTS and external vendors to ensure integration and consistency, and establish effective standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Manage team of direct reports and contractors, including alignment of contributions to team goals and assistance with professional development.
- Create and manage team’s annual goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to align with department vision & values.
- Consistently manage multiple priorities to deliver high-quality results in a timely fashion.
- Develop and execute high-impact infield communications and training for new initiatives.
- Provide on-site training support at field-based meetings (as needed) to establish best practices and solicit feedback for future tool enhancements.
- Drive expense reduction initiatives with Purchasing, vendors, internal partners, and the field.
- Manage and maintain annual Speaker Program budget.
- 7+ years of similar work experience supporting field sales, event management, and operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of system software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage oversight of multiple systems with complex integrations
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a collaborative manner
- Experience working with and managing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.