Associate Director, Sales Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie continues to lead the way in the pharmaceutical industry on Field Force Effectiveness through best-in-class capabilities and operational processes. The FFE innovation Associate Director will be responsible for leading enterprise wide FFE initiatives that are crucial to meet the needs of the evolving healthcare landscape. This role will be responsible for leading longer-term projects & initiatives, identifying opportunities to improve and build upon existing FFE processes, and will provide ongoing enterprise analytics for insights on FFE trends.
Key Focus Areas:
- Strategy & Transformation Initiatives: Responsible for working closely with FFE partners in sales planning, tools, It’s About Time, and Training to unmet needs or areas of opportunity for field teams across the enterprise. Develop a structured project plan to meet the unmet need and enhance field team’s effectiveness. Gather appropriate working group to execute project / analysis and deliver final recommendations and actions. Work with necessary sales leadership, FFE teams, and brand teams to execute project recommendations.
- Process Optimization: Responsible for partnering with FFE partners to identify challenges in existing process, and work towards developing a streamlined solution. Acts as a business facing support team to provide flexible support to communicate the impact and rationale for process improvements. Acts as internal FFE consulting lead to provide flexible support to enable pull-through of new solutions.
- Enterprise Analytics & Insights: Responsible for leading enterprise-wide analytics initiatives (i.e. COVID recovery, FFE drivers, dashboards, etc.) through close partnerships with sales planning verticals and ZS teams for support. Identifies key trends and insights, and communicates to appropriate stakeholders to drive action.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally with internal FFE partners, brand teams, and commercial leadership to drive forward FFE innovation initiatives.
- Understand strategic and tactical issues faced by the field, and employ appropriate methodologies to analyze data and provide insights and recommendations as it relates to improving field capabilities.
- Drive projects that provide FFE solutions that are innovative, add value and meet current and future business requirements.
- Lead and guide junior members of the team to perform franchise analytics and work cross-functionally within FFE and the broader organization.
- Develop and deliver formal presentations that effectively communicates the results of larger projects and enterprise analytics to senior management and sales leadership, sharing successful strategies, best practices, and lessons learned with these groups.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet compelling fashion to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills
- Builds strong relationships with team, peers and cross functional teams to enable higher performance
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Develop in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical industry data and therapeutic area to resolve business problems more efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics) or Business Administration required
- 7+ years analytical experience with 2 years of field force planning (sales force sizing and targeting) experience across different brands preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Requires excellent problem-solving orientation, strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of PC programs (including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: strategic thinking, field force planning for future needs, design and implement innovative field force solutions, drive for results, build collaborative partnerships across functions, communicate insights and solutions to senior leadership and coach for greater team effectiveness.
- Master's degree in Business or Science preferred
- Two-three years’ pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Experience supporting medical and commercial teams
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.