Finance Supervisor - R&D Consolidations, ABA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Supervisor, Finance R&D Consolidations oversees the financial planning and analysis processes and requirements across businesses supported. Prepares consolidated analysis of actual vs. benchmark results, and supports key projects and initiatives to improve financial processes. The Finance Supervisor interacts with all levels of finance and provides required planning deliverables to meet AbbVie Corporate FP&A requirements.
- Oversee aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts as required, including P&L, headcount, balance sheet and capital. Provide relevant variance analysis for each planning cycle and develop meaningful management reporting schedules while ensuring accuracy of results and key metrics.
- Support monthly close process to ensure complete, accurate and timely monthly actual results, including variance analysis and commentary for P&L, headcount and balance sheet. Consolidate drivers from all businesses supported, and understand the impact of monthly results on future forecasts.
- Collaborate and provide routine support to team members to enable informed decision-making.
- Support key projects and initiatives (e.g. planning system standardization, management reporting and optimization) and drives process improvements.
- Supports ad hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management supported
- Execute priorities with speed and agility.
- Proficient Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
- Provides support to financial management and staff.
- Supports Tax and Entity planning requirements as directed
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.