Manager, Business Technology Solutions Change Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Business Technology Solutions Change Management Manager will play a key role in helping our IT projects/programs (change initiatives) meet business, schedule, and budget objectives. In this role you will focus on the people side of change. Your primary focus will be on managing change initiatives within AbbVie’s Innovation Architecture and Infrastructure organization (IAI) by creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. As a Business Techology Solutions Change Management Manager, you will work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting business clients.
As the Change Management Manager, you will have direct supervisory responsibility over change management specialists and you will work with many global cross functional teams throughout AbbVie to succeed. You will act as a coach for senior leaders in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. You will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans. Finally, you may provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Partner with project/program managers to integrate change management activities into project plans
- Provide change management support, coaching and mentoring to change management specialists, IT leads, project teams and stakeholders on change management methodology and deliverables
- Develops and executes change management strategy in support of IT program/project efforts, including consistent and integrated change management, communications and training plans
- Defines and measures success criteria and monitors change for each project, ensures metrics are presented to leadership regularly and identifies change management opportunities to better support and drive model adoption and improve collaboration
- Partners with the Digital Workplace Experience Manager to coordinate and facilitate focus groups and/or awareness sessions to promote stakeholder engagement and compliance with planned timelines
- Writes and/or edits engaging and visually appealing communications in support of related projects and targeted process area coordinating with Associate Director of Change Management, where needed (i.e.: project communications, success stories/wins, executive summaries, blog posts, presentations)
- Partners with training lead to develop and deploy training courses and associated course assets required for the project/program
- Ensures all change management, training and communication deliverables are in alignment with AbbVie Branding guidelines; formats/packages and organizes assets prior to delivery
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Change Management Certification preferred (ie. PROSCI, LaMarsh)
- Experience in effective change management, project management, communications, and user experience
- Experience in web design and web content strategy
- Impeccable attention to detail, analytical acumen, verbal and written communication skills along with a passion for excellence
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios and processes and simplify them into key messaging
- Ability to set priorities, work on numerous initiatives simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt communication style, techniques or methods to meet business needs, observe and interpret behavioral queues, listen with empathy to understand users’ frame of reference, coach and provide feedback
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to influence and build consensus at all levels of organizations
- Proven ability to adapt communication style for a variety of modes as well as for multicultural audiences
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.