Sr. Scientist, Cell Biology
Triumvira Immunologics is seeking an energetic and accomplished scientist with 3+ postdoctoral experience in industry or academia and broad experience in immunology or related discipline. Specific expertise in T cell biology and immune oncology, including the tumor microenvironment, is required. The candidate will be part of the R&D pharmacology team focused on the development of novel, genetically engineered T cell therapeutics to combat cancer and other indications. The successful candidate will lead the development of next generation imagining approaches and 3D tissue models to functionally characterize engineered T cells in vitro and in vivo. Extensive experience with tissue culture, co-culture assays, 3D in vitro cultures, fluorescence and luminescence-based imaging, and real time microscopy are required. The candidate must have a strong publication record, strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to manage external collaborations.
• Lead the development of automated quantitative image analysis.
• Lead hands-on the execution of established co-culture assays to study drug product.
• Lead hands-on the development of new in vitro assays to study drug product in co-culture assays such as 3D cultures (spheroids).
• Lead the development of multi-color IF of tissues or cells either in house or by interacting with CROs as required.
• Propose and design experiments to study drug product in immune/oncology relevant in vitro settings.
• Provide support and training to other imaging equipment users.
• Support the development of new imaging assays with CROs as required.
• Manage CRO projects as required.
• Prepare comprehensive and concise data analysis in form of reports and presentations.
• Support the development and maintenance of relevant documentation (e.g. Imaging equipment SOPs)
• Attend scientific conferences and provide feedback on current development sin the Immun/oncology field.
• Maintain imaging equipment.
• Ensure compliance with biosafety regulations.
PhD, Immune Oncology, Immunology or a related field is required
WORK-RELATED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Extensive applied microscopy experience
· Proven track record of successfully designing imaging experiments (i.e. time laps, multi color IF).
· Extensive experience designing automated image analysis using various software such as ImageJ.
· Extensive experience preparing samples for immunofluorescence.
· Extensive tissue culture experience.
· Extensive experience preparing co-culture assays.
· Experience interpreting histology slides.
· Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)