Triumvira Immunologics is a biotechnology company seeking an enthusiastic and energetic animal technician with 3 or more years of extensive mouse handling experience. Specific experience in mouse oncology models is preferred. The candidate will be part of the R&D team focused on the development of novel, genetically engineered T cell therapeutics to combat cancer and other indications. The successful candidate will perform the hands-on work developing mouse models, assessing therapeutic agents in vivo, and be responsible for monitoring animal health and maintaining detailed records. The candidate should be familiar with common injection techniques (e.g. subcutaneous, intravenous), blood collection, systemic perfusion and tissue collection for downstream processing (e.g. flow cytometry, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, histology). Ideally, the candidate will have experience with caliper measurements and in vivo imaging techniques; additional surgical experience is an asset. The successful candidate must be organized, demonstrate evidence of good record keeping and work well in a team environment.
• Support drug development by executing all hands-on work for in vivo mouse studies to test the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of drug products.
• Support the development of new in vivo oncology models.
• Perform analyses of tumor readouts (e.g. IVIS imaging, caliper measurements).
• Monitor animal health and maintain detailed health records of all animals enrolled in studies.
• Support data analysis by preparing data in various forms (e.g. figures or data tables).
• Perform tissue culture as required for in vivo studies.
• Support ex vivo tissue preparation and processing for downstream analysis (e.g. flow cytometry, pathology, immunohistochemistry, PCR, RNAseq)
• Ensure compliance with biosafety regulations.
• Ensure excellent documentation of all experimental work.
Bachelor of Science or equivalent/related degree
WORK-RELATED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive mouse handling experience is required including IV, IP, subcutaneous injections, blood sampling techniques, organ dissection, health monitoring and clinical scoring.
• Proven experience performing tissue processing for various downstream applications.
• Experience working in a level 2 biosafety environment.
• Can demonstrate good record keeping practices of all scientific work performed.
• Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)