Scientific Translator (Bilingual-English/Mandarin)
HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective, and lower-risk drug development in international markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information, please visit www.huyabio.com
Job Summary HUYABIO is seeking a scientific translator to translate a wide range of scientific data from Chinese to English, as well as from English to Chinese.
This is a San Diego-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYABIO functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate a wide range of scientific data (e.g., patents, publications, compound composition, in vitro/in vivo models, and clinical data) from Chinese to English, as well as from English to Chinese.
- Prepare written summaries in the form of scientific and technical report.
- Write, review, format and hyperlink documents utilizing templates to assure consistency and adherence to style guide standards are met.
- Translate business related documents such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Website content.
- General literature and patent searching.
- Review documentation for accuracy and compliance with procedures.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize amongst a variety of responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize deliverables to meet important timelines.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be aligned with HUYABIO internal policies, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in United Sates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor/master’s degree in biology, chemistry or related fields
- Fluency in Chinese and English with excellent written/verbal English communication skills.
- Biotech/medical experience preferred, training in medical terminology is also desirable.
The position may be full-time or part-time depending on the candidate’s experience and the successful candidate must be able to commute within distance to HUYABIO’s Del Mar, California office.