Research Associate – In Vivo Studies
This position is located in Roseville, MN.
HiberCell’s (www.hibcercell.com) scientific approach is focused on the foundational biology of dormancy and the three mechanistic pillars leveraged by this biology: disseminated tumor cells, adaptive stress biology and the tumor microenvironment. Through a deep and robust exploration of this science, HiberCell is assembling a pipeline of differentiated therapeutic opportunities focused on treating relapsed and metastatic cancer.
As a Research Associate you will be an integral part of a cross-functional, extremely collaborative group that bridges research efforts across both clinical and discovery research realms.
- Tumor cell culture
- Perform in vivo studies to evaluate anti-cancer efficacy of test agents in tumor mouse models
- Tumor cell implantation via various routes: subcutaneous, intravenous or orthotopic
- Perform test article dosing by various routes of administration
- Monitor in-life study measurements: tumor volume, body weight, tracking overall health condition and survival of mice
- Recording and presenting findings
- Availability to work on weekends on a rotating schedule: Weekends/Holidays are a must
- Perform relevant in vitro experiments to support the advancement of candidates to in vivo studies
- Experience in general laboratory techniques
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS or MS with 3-5 years laboratory experience in cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology or related fields
- Direct hands-on experience with in vivo studies conducted in tumor mouse models, including mouse handling, tumor and immune cell implantation, performing routine injection (SC, IP, IV), oral gavage dosing (PO), preparing test compounds, blood and tissue collection is required
- Proficient in maintaining cell lines in tissue culture
- Experience with small animal surgery is a plus
- Experience in flow cytometry is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule which includes weekend responsibilities
- Team player with excellent communication skills