For this role, we are seeking a proactive self-motivated individual to be in charge of the design work for custom pooled sgRNA/shRNA/barcode libraries, as well as the analysis of NGS data from CRISPR and RNAi genetic screens (including Perturb-seq), RNA expression profiling, spatial transcriptomics, etc. The role would also support R&D efforts in developing the product portfolio.
- Advanced understanding of general genomics and molecular biology with a specific focus on multiplex PCR, NGS, library construction.
- Practical experience with designing oligo-based reagents (e.g., sequencing/PCR primers, sgRNA, shRNA, etc.) for genomic analysis and NGS.
- Experience deconvoluting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on NGS data derived from genetic screens, RNA profiling, single cell expression profiling (10x) and similar complex genomics/transcriptomics analysis. Direct experience managing NGS data pipeline from sequencing run to report would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs and create routines using general-purpose programming languages such as C++, Python, Java, etc., to automate data processing, data analysis, and manage information.
- Familiarity and ability to mine information from publicly available genome databases such as NCBI, Ensembl, HUGO, and Pfam, and use tools such as Reactome and PANTHER for basic data interpretation and pathway analysis. Experience with cancer biology and immunology is desirable.
- Some background in developing and managing central databases and/or web-based portals and applications to enable user access to sequence information, design tools, and/or analysis reports is desirable.
Applications from principals only please. Cellecta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.