Director, Project Management
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The qualified candidate will lead a team of project managers who are responsible for managing cross-functional project teams to complete commercial client, contract and government development and manufacturing projects. The candidate will provide leadership to team at the Bayview site and be an active member of the Site Leadership Team. The candidate will lead by example by being customer-oriented to ensure a healthy connection between clients and Emergent. This position can be a hybrid one, with the possibility of being partially remote.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the overall success of the Project Management aspect of CDMO Business Unit projects at the Bayview site and achievement of business goals, meeting and exceeding client needs, and key project deliverables.
- Develop and implement client focused strategies to support business growth.
- Negotiate long term commercial supply agreements where appropriate.
- Analyze performance under commercial agreements and develop client-specific strategies for improving commercial agreements where applicable.
- Develop and maintain clear communication regarding commercial and government project status for both internal and external use.
- Develop Project Managers into outstanding representatives of Emergent serving as the primary point of contact for each client.
- Ensure Project Managers perform invoicing and other process as required.
- Ensure harmonization of Project Manager methods to the extent required to allow for ease of coverage of projects by other Project Managers.
- Support Business Development efforts to ensure proposals are accurate in advance of delivery to clients.
- Provide project management leadership and decision support
- Develops and maintains PM lifecycle practices that govern project initiation to close out.
- Accountable for site project portfolio tracking
- Partners with site OE lead and provides tools and expertise to assist in priority setting and resource management.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science or business.
- Post-secondary degree in a science or business field is preferred.
- Certification in project management is preferred (i.e. PMP, CAPM, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 7 years of project leadership experience.
- Must be experienced in standard project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to gather information and grasp complex technical and financial issues.
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Energetic, passionate about their work and opportunity to contribute to the success of the company.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed work environment.
- Tactical attention to details and quality.
- High degree of self-awareness.
- Friendly and easy-to-work with personality.
- Impeccable business and personal ethics and values.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.