Senior Medical Science Liaison - San Francisco
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Medical Science Liaison - San FranciscoLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will interact with Oncology Healthcare Decision Makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives. This position is a field-based position for the Oncology therapeutic area Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group within the US Medical Affairs organization. The territory covers the North and Central California and is based in San Francisco.
- Communicate complex cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers, including but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers
- Generate insights based on field interactions with healthcare thought leaders to Amgen stakeholders
- Respond to requests for investigator sponsored research proposals
- Support Amgen sponsored research
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
- Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support RML
- Foster scientific relationships between Amgen and Fellows in training
- Mentor RMLs as designated by RML leadership
- Provide scientific support, consistent with the MSL compliance standards, for commercial, corporate accounts, and other matrix colleagues who may forward HCP inquiries
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctoral degree & 3 years related experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (Other Doctoral Degrees considered)
- 7 or more years of experience in a medically related field, including 1 or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically related field can include post doctoral training (e.g. residencies and/or fellowships).
- 3 + years in a medical science liaison role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Current experience in Scientific Affairs or Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Oncology therapeutic area expertise
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.