Senior Scientist Antibody Discovery
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with deep expertise in antibody discovery through Single B-Cell technologies to join the Antibody Generation group within the Biotherapeutics department in Redwood City, CA This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact within a department that is driving the biologics pipelines in Bristol Myers Squibb. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of current state-of-the-art antibody generation through high-throughput B cell platforms and preferably prior expertise in antibody library display technologies and be able to apply these practices at the bench. He will drive technology developments and optimization of innovative discovery technologies, such as single B cell cloning, associated platforms, and possibly display, to expedite the process and deliver high quality lead antibody candidates.
- Contribute to optimize the existing single B cell cloning capacity within the Antibody Generation group. Expand the scope of applications of single B cell protocol and harmonize it with associated supporting platforms in close collaboration with other groups across the department.
- Fully integrate the single cell sorting, cloning, recovery and sequencing protocols into the lead generation pipeline.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays available from the literature or scientific meetings to improve in-house platforms.
- Use B-cell immortalization methods and combine with display technologies (yeast and/or phage) to identify antibody hits against soluble or complex membrane targets.
- Be a champion in the lead discovery process and collaborate with biology project leaders closely to advance innovative therapeutics from Discovery to Development.
- Stay informed and contribute to the vision in the technology development space especially in single cell analytics and gene capture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary in order to succeed in the BMS cross-functional scientific environment
- Multitask and accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or immunology or related field followed by a 2+ years industry or postdoctoral academic experience or M.Sc. degree followed by more than 10 years of industry and/or academic experience is required
- Experience in antibody generation through Single B-cell cloning is highly desired
- Previous industry or academic work using antibody phage and/or yeast display libraries is highly desired
- Proficiency in cell biology skills such as FACS. Target-centric cell sorting or selection experience.
- High proficiency in all critical molecular biology techniques with focus on high throughput, high sensitivity gene rescue from single cells or tissues of interest.
- Proficiency in large dataset analysis preferred
- In-depth knowledge of B/T cell biology and humoral and cell mediated immune responses.
- Highly innovative and self-motivated.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.