Executive Director, Clinical Development (MD)
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more.
With our own research and development function focused on driving innovation in aesthetics, we're committed to providing the most comprehensive science-based product offering available.
The aesthetics market is changing fast. We know change never stops, and we‘re constantly seeking to better understand the mindsets and motivations of the consumers we serve in order to focus on meeting unmet needs as we innovate.
Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch.
Joining the Allergan Aesthetics team will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. As a member of the Clinical Development team, you will be responsible for supporting an iconic brand in the Industry. You will play a key role in supporting the industry’s leading Aesthetics organization, which is on the cutting edge of the Healthcare industry. We prioritize first-in-class assets, or those that are clearly differentiated versus existing and emerging therapies.
This a new exciting role created to play an instrumental role in driving the business forward by supporting the advancement of the portfolio through external opportunities.
The Executive Director will serve as the Clinical Development lead, within the R&D organization, for clinical and scientific assessment of external opportunities working closely with the Search & Evaluation team and the Business Development and Acquisitions team.
The Executive Director will be a key member of a highly integrated approach to developing and sustaining our partnerships. You will be part of a one connected unit with a commitment to establishing collaborations across the development continuum that will ultimately benefit patients and fuel scientific progress.
The Executive Director will provide leadership support to the team, helping to drive towards strong partnerships in a highly competitive field.
You will bring innovation and a dynamic focus to the high-profile Aesthetic Medicine business and seek ways to apply established clinical development experience alongside new fresh thinking.
The Executive Director should expect to be asked to participate in internal process improvement activities within R&D and Clinical Development, as well as mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
1. As the Therapeutic Area (TA) Section Head, be responsible and accountable for the oversight and leadership of the Clinical Development staff and Clinical Development programs in the Body Contouring and Plastics and Regenerative Medicine Franchises in Aesthetic Medicine, Device Section. Additional TA Section Head responsibilities will include:
- Leading and acting as the key point of accountability for the development activities across multiple devices and indications within the TA Section.
- Representing Clinical Development in decision-making forums and bringing strategic thinking to high level discussions.
- Ensuring clinical perspective is evaluated and optimal pathways are brought to the discussion with respect to physician and patient needs balanced with a key focus on commercial needs.
- Leading, mentoring and overseeing team members.
- Working cross-functionally with multiple functions including Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Data Sciences and Statistics, Safety and Product Development.
- Committing to high standards always with respect to data integrity, patient-centricity and global competitive development.
- Representing the TA Section at Regulatory agencies or other relevant meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining a strong network of peers within the Biotech industry.
- Representing R&D at scheduled symposia and meetings.
- Working closely with the Clinical Development Lead for Business Development in the assessment and review/due diligence of in-licensing opportunities.
- Working closely with the Digital Science and Technology Lead and Clinical Innovation Leads within the Clinical Development group to support research applications and endpoint advancement.
2. As the Clinical Program Lead, be responsible and accountable for the development, implementation and delivery of the global clinical development strategy for a given project within time, budget and with high quality. He/she will lead the development of the Clinical Development Plan in collaboration with the Clinical Science Lead and members of the Integrated Evidence Strategy Team, ensuring alignment with the agreed Global Development Strategy.
- Advanced Degree required. Scientific knowledge and experience in Aesthetic Medicine and Medical Device preferred.
- A good solid knowledge of regulatory pathways is preferred.
- Proven success leading in a cross functional environment.
- A strong network of thought leaders across Aesthetic Medicine is preferred.
- A minimum 12 years of overall work experience or equivalent combination of experience and education, with ideally at least 15 years’ experience.
- Of the overall work experience, a minimum of 6 years of clinical development experience in the pharmaceutical/device industry.
- The ability to travel up to 25-30% of time as needed (to include international travel)
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.