Senior Engineer, Technology I – Data Services
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Engineer will be a technical point of contact for US Commercial BTS (IT) and will work directly with business and technology teams to support the API based data Integration efforts across critical business processes and various IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implement APIs for projects related to Abbvie US Commercial, Data Management, Integration, and activation layer applications.
- Partner with applications team, Operations team, Data Team, Enterprise Architecture team, and vendors to ensure architecture is in line with business strategies and needs.
- Evaluate and recommend API-led integration flows based on technology trends, business needs, best practices, and industry standards.
- Conduct evaluation, feasibility assessment, and give technical advice to the adoption or services and their impact to the business.
- Provide solutioning and support to vendors, developers, and other technical architects to enable solutions that meet business strategies.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of existing processes and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of architectural solutions that are nimble to fast paced business environment.
- Research & evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient, agile, impactful, nimble, and cost-effective solution.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization and for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems sow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigate problems and resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Coordinate with vendor teams to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, technical Design documents for data Services to support Business requirements.
- Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with cross-functional team.
- Experience in requirement gathering and transforming it to solutions.
- Experience in designing and building REST APIs.
- Experience establishing CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps/Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes or Knowledge of Container technologies is preferred.
- Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL queries).
- Experience working with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Experience in Testing automation for Services.
- Prior experience in designing Micro Services is preferred.
- Prior Experience with GraphQL is preferred.
- Prior experience in APIGEE and Tibco is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in migrating monolithic application to Microservices based solution is preferred.
- Prior experience or knowledge of OpenAPI specification.
- Preferred technical skills: Java, Scala, Spring, PostgresSQL, Snowflake, Docker, Swagger, Kubernetes, Oracle DB, AWS Lambda, CI/CD, Junit, Mockito, Visio.
- Preferred knowledge: Project Management, good understanding Pharma Commercial
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.