Senior Scientist I/II, In Vitro Biochemist (Enzymologist)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly-motivated in vitro biochemist or enzymologist, preferably with pharma/biotech experience, to join the Protein Degradation Platform Team in North Chicago, IL. This position is laboratory-based, requires strong experimental skills and the ability to effectively work in an integrated team environment. A proven track record in assay design, development, and implementation is required. This individual should thrive working with innovative technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Fundamentally sound understanding of biochemical principles including kinetics, thermodynamics, equilibrium binding and mechanistic enzymology essential.
- Experience with spectroscopic techniques
- Complement data streams with cellular functional assays (e.g., compound, biologic or genetic perturbation endpoints such as cell health, signal transduction, etc.,)
- Lead and interact with cross-functional scientific teams
- Present research activities at internal and external meetings
Position will be hired based on level of experience/ education.
- PhD in biochemistry, enzymology, chemical biology or related fields with typically 0-4+ years of experience; 2+ years of industry experience is preferred
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays and readouts
- Experience with automation and HTS instrumentation
- Proficient with data analysis and visualization
- Motivated, independent, and productive problem solver with a proven ability to advance new scientific concepts
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Present research activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.