AbbVie Contractor I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Economically and efficiently create and execute consulting and/or promotional speaker contracts commensurate with AbbVie’s policies and objectives under tight timelines while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. This position is responsible for contract creation, negotiation and implementation to support client initiatives in order to deliver consulting and/or promotional speaker services to meet critical business needs and customer expectations. This position works closely with external consultants, speakers, institutions and internally with business stakeholders, Legal, OEC, among other groups. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining necessary contracting documentation according to departmental and company policies and procedures.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of external guidelines (e.g., FDA, PhRMA) to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for negotiating and contracting for consulting and/or promotional speaking services in a timely manner.
- Identify, develop, and implement improved and standardized contracting practices to ensure the most efficient processes for the business. Educate key stakeholders on the same. Seek innovative solutions for the consulting and/or speaker process, develop action plans and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Requires broad range understanding of academic and industry experiences as they relate to consultant and speaker contracting
- Develop standard guidelines and updates associated with the consulting and/or speaker contracting process. In-depth knowledge of all compliance requirements and the implications of compliance incidents.
- Act as an interface for assigned therapeutic area globally. Provide support to ensure continuous improvement in consultant interface to ensure the best experience possible for our key opinion leaders and patients. Seek, develop, and establish business relationships with multiple groups across the organization including all areas of Legal, Commercial operations, medical affairs, R&D.
- Meet regularly with Stakeholders and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Seek, develop, and maintain business relationships with areas across the organization. Expert in the use of procurement tools including but not limited to; SAP, consulting and/or speaker program contracting systems, contract management. Proactive management of contracts, business stakeholders and consultants including, anticipation, resolution and communication.
- Effectively develops and negotiates agreements with key opinion leaders, patients, and advocacy executives.
- Develops and maintains necessary files and records to maximize performance and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment without supervision. Understand and apply cultural awareness with US and OUS business entities.
- BA/BS preferred or Paralegal certification desired or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience working with contracts and the desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Must possess the appropriate level of skills necessary to effectively interface with all levels of employees and external HCPs, non-HCPs and patients.
- Demonstrates ability to independently review and process standard contractual documentation and seeks guidance for complex agreement types as necessary.
- Experiences to include: Negotiation, Project Management, and Contracting Experience
- Demonstrates good systems and business process aptitudes.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.