Biospecimen Operations Associate
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting a Biospecimen Operation Associate to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology.
The Biospecimen Operation Associate will be responsible for the daily activities of the biorepository and fine tuning of the operations. The Biospecimen Associate will support the ongoing effort to respond to the growing business needs of internal translational and R&D scientific projects and will collaborate to maintain a compliance system.
- Support everyday sample operations including executing standards for labeling and storage
- Receive and inventory samples
- Manage data entry in the biospecimen inventory tracking system
- Perform continuous biospecimen tracking and reconciliation activities for preclinical studies
- Fulfill sample requests for deposit and distribution of samples and maintain sample requests tracker
- Inventory existing archive of slides and samples
- Resolve queries for key samples required for analysis
- Maintain planned biospecimen relevant information (e.g. volume, freeze-thaws cycles, volume, etc) and identify missing information pertaining to biosamples generated internally and externally (e.g. discrepant biospecimen IDs, missing annotations, etc)
- Provide input to improve existing biorepository procedures and assist in development and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Manage daily activities to meet business needs and establish priorities using inputs from business requirements and internal customer needs
- Contribute to maintain metrics and key performance indicators
- Maintain freezer organization, audit log forms and support the implementation and the maintenance of a robust cold chain system
- Provide outstanding customer service, actively listen, and report internal customer business needs to the manager
- Document and escalate unresolved operational issues
- Collaborate to create biorepository service support guidelines and training material
- Champion proper handling of samples and safe lab practices.
- BA/BS in life sciences or related degree
- 2 years of industry experience including CRO, clinical or toxicological laboratory, biorepository
- 1 year of technical experience working with biospecimen management
- Familiar with GLP practices
- Computer experience working with multiple databases
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize schedule and projects
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, responsible, flexible, highly motivated, and a team player
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.